Taylor Monoplane Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

10 years online

4 posters

Go down

10 years online Empty 10 years online

Post by Taylorman Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:58 am

It has already been 10 years since I first started the website/forum combination for the Taylor Monoplane.
Nice to see that it's still active.

I hope it will stay online for many years to come and for many to enjoy!

Taylorman
Admin

http://www.taylormonoplane.4t.com

Back to top Go down

10 years online Empty Re: 10 years online

Post by Don J Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:35 am

Ten years online, good job. I've been here about 3 weeks and tell the truth I wish more people would get on and talk about there build or just flying time. What I see on the site is many builder myself included are having trouble getting plans. I'm in need of the origianal disign prints with the sloped firewall. If an owner/builder in the UK has a better way of getting the word out to Terry Taylor about the US needs maybe he could post any new contact info he may have. thanks Don
Don J
Don J

Back to top Go down

Post by Don J Sat Apr 02, 2016 12:32 am

Taylorman wrote:It has already been 10 years since I first started the website/forum combination for the Taylor Monoplane.
Nice to see that it's still active.

I hope it will stay online for many years to come and for many to enjoy!
I REALLY WOULD LIKE TO SEE MORE TRAFFIC ON THIS SITE. You fella's that check in now and again how about some posting????????????????
Don J
Don J

Back to top Go down

Post by JOHNZO Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:57 pm

Ok Let me be the first...?
Bought G- BGHY last year and am in the throws of Annual pre-Inspection checks and maintenance, plus steeling myself to take the heads off to investigate a compression loss on two cylinders. Permit has now expired, by the way. It's all very new and daunting as have never owned a plane before let alone one you maintain yourself!
So, question one:
Need to jack up the aeroplane to extend and inspect the main undercarriage, brakes, bearings etc. What's the best way to do this? Pads under the main spar and two jacks on supporting pillars?
I welcome the experience of others as I'm sure there could me many more questions!
Cheers
John

JOHNZO

Back to top Go down

Post by vands Sat Apr 09, 2016 11:43 pm

You have it if you want both sides at once. I normally just use a board and jack on the main spar one side at a time. it takes very little to raise a wheel off the ground. Make sure other wheels are well blocked.
If you have helpers, 2 people can lift from the wingtip, while you slide the wheel off and then rest the axle on a block while you inspect wheel, bearings and brakes. Check and lube slide tube while it is fully extended.

vands

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum