Taylor Monoplane Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WHATS YOUR LUCKY DAY?

Go down

WHATS YOUR LUCKY DAY? Empty WHATS YOUR LUCKY DAY?

Post by Don J Sat Feb 28, 2015 12:28 pm

Wanted to share with the group my lucky day. Was driving to work one morning and noticed the roof of our local hanger had fallen in, there was about 4 ft. of snow in the ditch. I knew that my friend had his swift parked in the hanger next door, mind you this is a grass strip with only two hangers..Well after looking inside I discovered a 1939 stinson HW75 sitting inside and the roof had just missed the top of the bird by an inch. I called around for a couple of weeks and found the man who owned it and he was about as old as the plane. I asked him what I could do to help out the situation. and he said, young man if you want to get the bird out then all I ask is for a ride if you ever get it in the air. The wife and I dug in the freezing ground beings it was around 10 bellow zero that february trying to get the tail wheel and mains unstuck. To my suprise the tires held air for awhile anyways and we hooked the tail wheel to the back of the truck and got it home to the shop. It took months of calls and mailing but finally got the ownership and origanal N number back 23755. this was one lucky day going to work, and finding the Taylor M was another day like that, but thats another story. Would like to hear some lucky days from you all ...Don J
Don J
Don J

Back to top Go down

WHATS YOUR LUCKY DAY? Empty Re: WHATS YOUR LUCKY DAY?

Post by Don J Wed May 27, 2015 12:30 pm

been doing some research and I have an extra set of Diehl wing skin's for a KR2 airplane and MAY build the wing's for the Taylor M with this method. Both bird's have the RAF 48 airfoil and same root rib lenght. I wonder if anyone has done this type of build on the wing's ? I hope every one is haveing a great summer, I just found out I have to go out of town for about 2 month's to run a dozer and scraper but that's some building money Very Happy I can work on some small part's in my motel room, that will help keep me out of the Pub Wink I'll check in when I can. Don J
Don J
Don J

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum